Caption contest

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Caption contest

Post by Lasolimu » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:04 pm

"Wombat took the saying, 'dress for the job you want' very seriously."

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:56 pm

After five hours of no hand-outs and a lot of confused looks, Wombat realized maybe he should write something on the cardboard sign...

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:21 pm

I'd like you to have this piece of cardboard from the Church of Religious Consciousness.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:55 pm

Week 32 Caption Contest results! Wow, you guys came through this week – 44 entries (not counting Fred’s), which might be a record if I kept track of that sort of thing. Tough to choose which I liked the best, so… first the Honorable Mentions: Bill Carleton: "Unable to feed my family as an honest attorney. God Bless You!"; ktulu: "High quality cardboard for sale!"; Jerry Andrews: "Wants to identify with man on the street, has nothing to ask for. First world problems."; Lasolimu: "Wombat took the saying, 'dress for the job you want' very seriously."; PatchOBlack: "After five hours of no hand-outs and a lot of confused looks, Wombat realized maybe he should write something on the cardboard sign...."; and Woody Woods: "I'm over the food thing. Will sing for Baylor tickets!";

And the winner entry this week once again comes from Alan AJ Irby, his seventh win this year! Congratulations, A.J.!

Thanks to all who entered! New picture on Monday!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:46 pm

2014 CAPTION CONTEST, Week 33 -- How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize this week, just the glory of winning!

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:35 am

Wombat tries a new technique, hoping to be able to hold a high note longer.

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:20 am

If this chucklehead thinks walking on a wire is hard, he ought to try flying this thing with these crazy glasses. They make me LOOK smart though.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:44 am

BRWombat wrote:2014 CAPTION CONTEST, Week 33 -- How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize this week, just the glory of winning!
"Excuse me sir. I'll need to see your permit for this stunt,and get the specs on that balance-bar".

kcberlin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by kcberlin » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:22 pm

BRWombat wrote:2014 CAPTION CONTEST, Week 33 -- How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

Holding my arms like this is getting tiring. Hey buddy, mind if I have a seat here?

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:38 pm

Once again, Wombat's attempt to audition for the Flying Wallendas does not go so well.