Caption contest

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: Caption contest

Post by BRWombat » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:11 am

Week 40 Caption Contest results! It was incredibly tough to choose a winner this week – many great entries! So, we have a lot of Honorable Mentions: Purpura: "(To the tune of Singin' In the Rain): I'm singing for the plane… I'm singing for the plane… he doesn't like a capella, I'm running again... "; DisneyMom: "Brad denied recent travel to West Africa, but the CDC had more questions."; Zazu: "The live-action remake of Plane Crazy didn't come out quite as expected when the director decided to turn it into a parable about the evil of singing lawyers."; darph nader: "In hindsight, Wombat shoulda went South by South East."; Don Kistler: "They'll have to shoot me. I WON'T sign up for Obamacare!"; Alan AJ Irby: "At least they didn't put my head on Janet Leigh's body from that other Hitchcock flick!!"; bookbabe: "Yet again, Wombat questioned the wisdom of buying airline tickets through reallycheapseats.com"; and Widget: "Are lawyers getting out of control in your neighborhood? If so, call Lawyer-Be-Gone Crop Dusting. Guaranteed results or your money back."

And with his very first win, this week's champ is Doug Lewis, author of the incredibly funny To Cure the Humans! Doug, you've won a guest-starring role in a future caption contest pic! Congratulations!

Thanks to all who entered! New picture on Monday!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:07 pm

2014 CAPTION CONTEST, Week 41 -- It's time for the oldest and largest collegiate Homecoming in the world, and I've got my seat ready! How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize this week, sorry, just the glory of winning!

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:40 pm

BRWombat wrote:2014 CAPTION CONTEST, Week 41 -- It's time for the oldest and largest collegiate Homecoming in the world, and I've got my seat ready! How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize this week, sorry, just the glory of winning!

"Hey,,,I can see my house from up here".

BriDon51
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by BriDon51 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:36 pm

Hi! My name is Chip.

kcberlin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by kcberlin » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:57 am

I'm going to sit here until you change the mascot to a wombat!

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:40 pm

All was going well, until an ill-time gust of wind and a poor decision to use slick ropes left Wombat heading up and out of sight...

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:08 pm

Due to an unfortunate DNA issue, BU Bear was born with a withered Siamese twin.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:17 am

Week 41 Caption Contest results! Great, funny entries, and of course our winner this week turns out to be a Baylor alumnus! But first, the Honorable Mentions: G Scott Lewis: "Two particular items were featured in this year's Homecoming parade. One was filled with massive volumes of hot air. The other was the Baylor Bear Balloon."; Alan AJ Irby: "The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters just called, and he said THIS is the scariest thing HE has ever seen go down the street!."; PatchOBlack: "All was going well, until an ill-time gust of wind and a poor decision to use slick ropes left Wombat heading up and out of sight...."; and darph nader: "A Bear, a Baritone, and a Barrister... Trifecta!"

And our winner, for the second time this year and fourth time overall, is Lyn Robbins! Congratulations, Lyn, and Sic ‘em, Bears!

Thanks to all who entered! New picture on Monday – with a guest star!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:59 am

2014 CAPTION CONTEST, Week 42 -- With special guest star Doug Lewis! How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

Oh, and I should mention two things: First, Doug is a very brave and trusting soul who posed for this without knowing how I'd use it; and second, his book is very, very funny. If you like Douglas Adams, you'll enjoy To Cure the Humans!

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:12 pm

"Hey, you're in my spot!"