Caption contest

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Caption contest

Post by darph nader » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:59 pm

hhsrat wrote:This is what they call karma. By all rights, it should have been the Detroit Lions playing the Packers, not the Cowboys.

:thumbsup:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:44 am

CAPTION CONTEST RESULTS! Lots of great entries to start off 2015! First, the Honorable Mentions: ktulu: "As we continue with 'Texas teams getting screwed over in sports' for the 2014-2015 season, we'll move onto the Cowboys playoff game."; John R. Leath: "This, right here, as you can clearly see... is his elbow."; Alan AJ Irby: "Wombat discovers a more hated and distrusted profession than attorney."; Doug Lewis: "I know it's difficult being a witness... but show us on the photo of Dez where the defendant touched you."; David Wilmoth: "I'm excited today to announce the NFL's newest sponsor, the American Optometric Association!"; Joe Hoofnagle: "Here is a demonstration of the reason why football officials dress in striped suits, just like convicts."; and Larry Lozuk: "2020 Challenge Rules: Having gone through the Instant Replay Review and the 'Ask The Audience' Review, Wombat is now called upon to complete the Attorney Review, which of course precedes the United Nations Review. The games now take two days."

And our first winner for 2015: ktulu, his twelfth win overall! Congratulations, ktulu!

Thanks to all who entered! New pic coming on Monday!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:32 am

CAPTION CONTEST for JAN 23! -- How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize this week, sorry, just the glory of winning!

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:46 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST for JAN 23! -- How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize this week, sorry, just the glory of winning!

Having sold out to Disney,,,George Lucas went to law school to get the Legos better money for their movies.

kcberlin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by kcberlin » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:31 am

Wombat proves to Emmet that everything is in fact NOT awesome.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:15 pm

It was the discovery of this deleted scene that caused The Lego Movie to be pulled from consideration for an Oscar....

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:20 pm

After a thorough examination of the laws, the Vocal Majority concedes that they are, in fact, NOT eligible for the LBHS (Lego Barbershop Harmony Society) competition.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:17 pm

CAPTION CONTEST RESULTS! Here we go… (or, Here we Lego?) First, the Honorable Mentions: Matt McBrayer: "'Wombat, do you want to build a spaceship?' - that one Lego guy who is always suggesting they build a spaceship."; Alan AJ Irby: "Successful Lego franchises: Lego City, Lego Star Wars, Lego Superheroes, Lego Friends. Unsuccessful and heretofore unknown Lego franchises: Lego Law Firm, Lego Water Treatment Plant, Lego Tax Audit...."; G Scott Lewis: "Batman is unhappy in this photo. He knows his gadgets and fists are no match for a Lego Wombat with a law book and a cup of strong coffee."; and kcberlin: "Wombat proves to Emmet that everything is in fact NOT awesome."

And this week's winning caption comes from good friend and music minister extraordinaire John Griffin, his very first win! Congratulations, John!

Thanks to all who entered! New pic coming on Monday!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:51 pm

CAPTION CONTEST for JAN 30! -- How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:56 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST for JAN 30! -- How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

"Be a Tiger Whisperer they said.
It'll be Fun they said"