Caption contest

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Caption contest

Post by darph nader » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:53 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST for NOVEMBER 6! How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize this week, just the glory of winning!

Wombat would soon realize he wasn't cut out to be a snake-charmer.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:46 am

Men play the Didgeridoo; Wombats play the Didgeridon't.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:42 am

CAPTION CONTEST RESULTS! First, your Honorable Mentions from Down Under: ktulu with this Ferris Bueller reference: "Never had one lesson!"; Jerry Andrews: "I knew I should have stayed away from those brownies in the evidence room!"; Rick Bivins: "Shouldn't I be seeing bubbles by now?"; Scott Stogius Maximus Lewis: "The tribe was forever changed when Wombat added a 'Chinese 7th' with his multicolored horn."; and Steven Jones with the simple: "Digery-don't."

And the winning caption this week comes from my cousin, the lovely and talented Ginger Commander Mann, her second win this year! Congratulations, Ginger!

Thanks to all who entered! New fake picture coming on Monday!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:43 am

CAPTION CONTEST for NOVEMBER 13! How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebookand on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize this week, just the glory of winning!

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:35 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST for NOVEMBER 13! How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebookand on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize this week, just the glory of winning!

And cake was 'never' eaten at the studio again.

kcberlin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by kcberlin » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:20 am

Unfortunately, the "Wild World of Wombat" ride was deemed to frightening for children and was never spoken of again.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:14 pm

CAPTION CONTEST RESULTS! Is it bad that I've always wanted to insert myself into this scene from Singin' in the Rain, one of my all-time favorite movies? First, your Honorable Mentions: Purpura: "So this is where the tunnel lets me out! Hi!"; Cory Church: "TaaDaa!! And that is how you make a proper 'Ah' vowel, Mr Martinez!" (inside joke for VM members or anyone who's had vocal coaching from Eddie Martinez); Alan AJ Irby: "As in all things in life, it's what's on the inside that counts."; darph nader: "With his son's college expenses going up, Wombat had to take some side-jobs."; delsdad: "Brandon used his industry contacts to get the old man his first paying gig."; Brooks Harkey: "The caterer's price for 'Bunny' to pop out of the cake was too high, so instead they got a Wombat."; and Lynn A Ewing: "Surprise! Here's a subpoena for you and a subpoena for you, you all get subpoenas!!!!!!!!!"

And with this nod to the song from the film, the winner is my VM brother Tim Bird, his third win in seven weeks! Congratulations again, Tim!

Thanks to all who entered! I'll be traveling next week, so no new picture on Monday, sorry. The Caption Contest will return on Nov. 23!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:11 am

CAPTION CONTEST for NOVEMBER 27! Happy Thanksgiving! How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize, just the glory of winning!

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:40 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST for NOVEMBER 27! Happy Thanksgiving! How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize, just the glory of winning!

Brad was thinkin,,,"you know,if this doesn't work out now,there's always Superbowl Sunday."

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:41 pm

"No, I didn't slip anything into this pizza. And no, we're not about to steal all your land. Trust me, I'm a lawyer!"