Caption contest

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Caption contest

Post by darph nader » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:24 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST for OCTOBER 16! Inspired by my VM bro Bret Morris's Fb post recently about the ridiculous size of Homecoming mums these days -- and reinforced by my own eyes at the football game I worked on Friday. So... how would you caption this picture?

Comment below! The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize this week, just the glory of winning!

A sneek peek at "Alien 7,Wombat's Revenge".

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:06 pm

Wombat, new to the idea of L.A.R.P., decides to try the new Operation live-action game...

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:34 pm

This is why you don't wear white after labor day.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:19 pm

CAPTION CONTEST RESULTS! Lots of variety and bad "mum" puns this week to choose from! First, the Honorable Mentions: Jay Marsh: "Her last comment was about her cheap date and the scrawny mum...."; Marty Senstock: "Dammit, Jim! I'm not a florist, I'm a doctor... err, lawyer!"; Bret Morris: "She had an abusive mum. This will be an easy court case."; Scott Stogius Maximus Lewis: "Wombat takes emergency classes on 'How to pin on a mum without those uncomfortable touches' as part of a new city awareness training."; and Tim Bird (so close to a third win in a row!): "Despite his gallant effort, Wombat just couldn't play 'she loves me, she loves me not' fast enough to save the poor girl."

And with his sixth win this year and seventeenth overall, the amazing ktulu! Congratulations, ktulu!

Thanks to all who entered! New fake picture coming on Monday!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:20 pm

CAPTION CONTEST for OCTOBER 23! Some of you will understand why I went with this idea... So how would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize this week, just the glory of winning!

kcberlin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by kcberlin » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:03 pm

Finding a loophole in the laws of time, Brad somehow managed to sue his way into becoming the 5th Beatle.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:08 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST for OCTOBER 23! Some of you will understand why I went with this idea... So how would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize this week, just the glory of winning!

Sadly,Wombat didn't last long with the 'Fab Five'. His voice was over-powering Paul's bass.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:06 am

CAPTION CONTEST RESULTS! Well, those of you who could get past my defiling the memory of the Beatles came up with some really funny captions! Here are the Honorable Mentions: Alan AJ Irby: "Although Wombat didn't make it past the dress rehearsal for the Ed Sullivan show, he was immortalized forever the following year, albeit anonymously, with Bob Dylan's 'Mr. Tambourine Man.'"; Sam Wilson: "Little known footnote to pop music history: Critics thought the Beatles had a lot of potential and might have made it really big, but after adding a fifth member and changing their name to 'The Wombats' they disappeared from the public eye."; Kelly Zink: "Providing the inspiration for the original lyric, 'I am the egg-man, they are the egg-men, I am the Wombat,' only to be replaced by a more menacing sea creature."; Jerry Andrews: "Wombat's tambourine taps on beats 1 and 3 lead to such a quick departure, history never recognized him as one of the 5th members of the Beatles."; and DisneyMom: "...and the Tales of Baron Von Wombat get taller and taller."

And the caption that won, not only because it cracked me up the most but also because it allows me to sneak in some heavy-duty parental bragging, comes from my elder son Brandon Randall, who is just today finishing up his first professional concert tour, as a lighting tech for Paul McCartney! Congratulations on your first win, Brandon!

Thanks to all who entered! New fake picture coming on Monday!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:38 am

CAPTION CONTEST for OCTOBER 30! Yeah, the obvious caption is "Heeeere's Wombat!" so you're all going to have to dig a little deeper than that. How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:34 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST for OCTOBER 30! Yeah, the obvious caption is "Heeeere's Wombat!" so you're all going to have to dig a little deeper than that. How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

UPS. You gotta sign for this package lady.