Caption contest

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Caption contest

Post by YANXWIN » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:32 am

That's no outfit. He was born that way. I always heard that no one had ever seen the band members from KISS without their makeup. The Gene Simmons on TV now is a fake to keep the legend alive.

Penny
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Penny » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:58 am

YANXWIN wrote:That's no outfit. He was born that way. I always heard that no one had ever seen the band members from KISS without their makeup. The Gene Simmons on TV now is a fake to keep the legend alive.
Fortunately for me, or maybe it was unfortunate, in the late 70’s my job required me to walk about 5 blocks from my workplace to another building in the company twice a day. This walk went right past the front door of the Holiday Inn (the only hotel in the area at the time). Just as I was about to pass the doorway, out walked KISS. NO MAKEUP!!! :hysteria:

They had just gotten off of their bus. Too bad I wasn’t a fan, would have made a great picture.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:58 am

DisneyMom wrote:OK, I think this question needs answering,Wombat.......Did you have your outfit made custom or is it off-the-rack????? :p:
Without commenting on what YANXWIN just posted, I will say that I am very proud of the custom silver wombat on the front of my outfit.

Here's this week's photo to caption.

Yes, that is me in the custody of Dog the Bounty Hunter.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:51 pm

BRWombat wrote:Image
I hate sharing a cab in Honolulu.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:19 pm

I never knew my therapy group would have people this messed up in it.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:31 am

Here's the winning entry:

Both ktulu (“Wow, there really IS fear and darkness all around you...”) and hobie16 (“I hate sharing a cab in Honolulu.”) snagged Honorable Mentions this week!

New picture coming Monday!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:23 pm

CAPTION CONTEST, Week 12 - Okay, funny and creative friends (that's all of you), how would YOU caption this wholly inappropriate picture? Comment below, or on Facebook or The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. (As always, no prizes, other than the glory/infamy of being chosen.)

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:03 pm

OK, we'll give you a shot in the Basilica choir, but no dancing or theatrics and absolutely no tag endings. Capish? :choir:

:goofy: :goofy:

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:24 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST, Week 12 - Okay, funny and creative friends (that's all of you), how would YOU caption this wholly inappropriate picture? Comment below, or on Facebook or The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. (As always, no prizes, other than the glory/infamy of being chosen.)

Brad doomed himself to Hell when he gave Pope Francis a high-five while the Pope was trying to bless him.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:17 pm

Hey Francis ... Do you know how to use this "Schwartz" thing?

The views and opinions expressed in this post do not represent those of the Walt Disney Company. This post was written while off the clock and off WDW property. Caution: The moving rubber line is travelling at the same speed as you.