Caption contest

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Caption contest

Post by Goofyernmost » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:01 pm

BRWombat wrote:Week 9's winner:

Also, Goofyernmost's caption gets an Honorable Mention this week!

Any suggestions for next week's picture?
I am truly honored to accept your award of Honorable Mention. :o: I'd like to thank the little people for making this all possible. You know who you are!
:cheers:

:goofy: :goofy:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:46 am

Goofyernmost wrote:...I'd like to thank the little people for making this all possible. You know who you are!
:cheers:
Okay, I've lost weight, but I don't think I'll ever qualify as "little"! :D:

Here's the picture for this week:

Elder son Brandon suggested I put myself into a band (though I'm pretty sure this is not what he pictured...)! How would YOU caption this picture? Comment below! The same pic will also show on The World of Wombat and on Facebook if you'd prefer to comment there. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. (As always, no prizes, other than the glory/infamy of being chosen.)

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:02 am

BRWombat wrote:Okay, I've lost weight, but I don't think I'll ever qualify as "little"! :D:

Here's the picture for this week:

Elder son Brandon suggested I put myself into a band (though I'm pretty sure this is not what he pictured...)! How would YOU caption this picture? Comment below! The same pic will also show on The World of Wombat and on Facebook if you'd prefer to comment there. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. (As always, no prizes, other than the glory/infamy of being chosen.)
Someone needs to turn the amps down. Gene's head ended up in the second row balcony. BTW, why is it that I only get to wear these ballet slippers?

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:29 am

I'm so good, I don't even have to pretend to play a guitar to get up on stage.

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:31 am

I felt like the outfit was too revealing, so I wore the t-shirt to cover my manly chest hair.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:46 am

In one busy week during 1977, Brad gets confused and can't remember if he's doing Saturday Night Fever or KISS 1977 - A Day in the Life.

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:40 pm

Brandon! I thought I told you that you can't come to the concert because you didn't finish your homework! Get out of here!

The views and opinions expressed in this post do not represent those of the Walt Disney Company. This post was written while off the clock and off WDW property. Caution: The moving rubber line is travelling at the same speed as you.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:49 am

YANXWIN wrote:I'm so good, I don't even have to pretend to play a guitar to get up on stage.
And YANXWIN gets an Honorable Mention with this submission!

Here's the winning caption -- by now three-time winner ktulu (whose luggage has been to Disneyland more than he has :D :) :

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:56 pm

:kaboom: :badmood: Damn if fame isn't a fleeting thing! It was good while it lasted. :banghead:

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:20 am

OK, I think this question needs answering,Wombat.......Did you have your outfit made custom or is it off-the-rack????? :p:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D: