Caption contest

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Caption contest

Post by YANXWIN » Tue May 20, 2014 9:02 am

This is the moment Remy realized rats CAN take over the world. After all, they let this guy on tv.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue May 20, 2014 6:31 pm

In this deleted scene, Gusteau was to show that anyone, even this fellow, could cook....

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri May 23, 2014 10:40 am

Week 20 Caption Contest results! In a moment, the lucky(?) contestant who gets to guest star in an upcoming Caption Contest photo, but first – the Honorable Mentions! Widget: "Are you a rodent or a marsupial that has been denied employment due to your genome? Call 1-800-WOMBAT today to talk to a lawyer who understands your situation."; YANXWIN: "This is the moment Remy realized rats CAN take over the world. After all, they let this guy on TV."; Larry E Collins: "Brad teaches his faithful followers how to cook Wombatatouille."; and Patrick Stayton: "Emile! Come here! It's the guy we saw on the tightrope last week! Can't believe he's still alive. I'm sure he had to buy a new pair of pants."

And this week’s winner and future photo guest star -- assuming he’s willing to send me pictures to use all the way from his home in Israel -- is Patrick Stayton, his second win and fifth win overall! Congratulations, Pat!!

Thanks to all who entered! New picture coming Monday!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon May 26, 2014 9:55 am

2014 CAPTION CONTEST, Week 21 -- How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on The World of Wombat and Facebook. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize this week, just the honor and glory of winning!

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon May 26, 2014 11:03 am

Wombat made the horrible mistake of 'not' reading the fine print for this 'working' cruise. :banghead:

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Mon May 26, 2014 10:14 pm

They say lawyers are like cockroaches and can't be killed. Let's see if we can freeze him to death.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue May 27, 2014 7:28 pm

Another missed left turn at Albuquerque.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Wed May 28, 2014 12:29 pm

"After being forced to listen to the Wombat sing his rendition of 'Let it Go' for the thousandth time, the other sailors decided to find out if the cold really didn't bother him."

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Fri May 30, 2014 11:06 am

Week 21 Caption Contest results! First the Honorable Mentions! G Scott Lewis: "The Deadliest Catch shows off their latest catch, The Wide Mouthed, Lawyer-tailed WombatFish."; Joe Hoofnagle: "Wombat learns to do the Macarena on his budget Alaskan sightseeing cruise."; and ktulu: "Reason #812114 why Becky refuses to accompany Brad on his budget vacations."

And this week’s champion -- a first-time winner! -- is SGT's own Lasolimu! Congratulations!!

Thanks to all who entered! New picture coming Monday!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:41 pm

2014 CAPTION CONTEST, Week 22 -- Thanks to DisneyMom for the Maleficent idea! How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on The World of Wombat and Facebook. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize this week, just the glory of winning!