Caption contest

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: Caption contest

Post by DisneyMom » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:20 am

Wombat soon realized he was double-dosing the cough medicine.......

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri May 02, 2014 11:12 am

Week 17 Caption Contest results! First – the Honorable Mentions! Crewchief4344: "Wreck it Wombat"; Matt McBrayer: "In a Tron reboot attempt, Wombat somehow enters his favorite childhood game."; DisneyMom: "Wombat soon realized he was double-dosing the cough medicine."; and Lasolimu: "What started out as an everyday walk with a wombat and his koopa quickly turned into a horror film as a miniature plumber jumped on the poor koopa’s head." Congrats to all!

And this week’s top prize goes to multiple winner Alan AJ Irby -- his fourth win this year and eleventh win overall (although it’s been seven weeks since he last won… Don’t start slipping on me, AJ)!

Thanks to all who entered! New picture coming Monday!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon May 05, 2014 11:25 am

2014 CAPTION CONTEST, Week 18. There's a new Spider-Man movie out now! How would you caption this picture?

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize this week, other than the glory/infamy of being chosen.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon May 05, 2014 9:29 pm

Okay Spidey,,you can stand up now,the FX team is going to lunch.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue May 06, 2014 7:48 am

"Come on, Peter. This wasn't convincing when Batman rotated the camera back in the sixties, and it's not convincing now."

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Tue May 06, 2014 9:34 am

(Said in a whiny voice) "Give me the suit back. You said it was my turn next. I'm telling!"

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Tue May 06, 2014 12:01 pm

Peter Parker had no clue what to do about the obscure hero, Wombat-gecko, but he just wished the guy would stop following him around.
Last edited by WEDFan on Thu May 15, 2014 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Correcting earlier brain malfunction

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue May 06, 2014 2:44 pm

Sure, Spider-man saved him, but he had to wonder....did Spidey really have to web his feet to the side of the building?

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue May 06, 2014 9:41 pm

Wallaby... Gecko?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Wed May 07, 2014 7:29 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Wallaby... Gecko?
It's hardly surprising that you haven't heard of the Wombat-gecko man. As mentioned above, he is obscure. As so often happens, in a science experiment gone wrong in the great land down under, an unprecedented mutation happened involving DNA from a Wombat, a human and a gecko. The wombat characteristics have been well documented in the past, but few have realized the gecko's contribution to the mutation. Wombat-gecko has long kept the enhanced climbing ability under wraps, and the other major contribution wasn't always attributed to accident. You see, geckos are also know for their vocalizations.

P.S. I now realize the point of Big Wallaby's comment was probably to point out that I had confused Wallaby and Wombat, but of course I did not see that at the time.
Last edited by WEDFan on Thu May 15, 2014 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Correcting earlier brain malfunction