Caption contest

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Caption contest

Post by darph nader » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:01 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST for FEBRUARY 19! Time for some IKEA build-it-yourself instructions! So, how would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize, just the glory of winning!

In typical Ikea fashion.......batteries and paint 'not included'.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:30 am

"If you have any questions, call IKEA and they'll deliver a Wommbat to assist you."

On a related and coincidental note, I'm finally getting my own place and I bought 11 things from IKEA on Sunday for it and have been slowly building them. I have 7 done and am trying to have all of them done by tomorrow night before the rest of the furniture is delivered on Friday.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:54 pm

Lasolimu wrote:"If you have any questions, call IKEA and they'll deliver a Wommbat to assist you."

On a related and coincidental note, I'm finally getting my own place and I bought 11 things from IKEA on Sunday for it and have been slowly building them. I have 7 done and am trying to have all of them done by tomorrow night before the rest of the furniture is delivered on Friday.
mmm, kit furniture

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:26 am

CAPTION CONTEST RESULTS! Lots of great entries, including several with the theme of "having a screw loose" -- which, you will not be surprised to learn, has been medically verified. (Following the surgical rebuilding of my right ankle in 2008, the final x-ray showed one of the screws had not held!) So first, your Honorable Mentions: two (again) from Scott Stogius Maximus Lewis: "The leftover parts after construction were even scarier." and "Much to IKEA's chagrin, Wömmbåt performed as designed."; Fredrik Borgström: "Varning! Om du som killen till höger inte får ner händerna i fickorna, kan det bero på att du har tummen mitt i handen och kanske skall be någon om monteringshjälp." (Note: even after clicking Facebook's "See Translation" link, I'm still not totally sure what this means -- but how could I pass up a caption entry in Swedish this week???); Jay Marsh: "These tools required to construct this tool."; DisneyMom: "Build a Lawyer! (Morals available for an Additional Fee.)"; and Chase Gooding: "Not to scale."

And this week's top caption comes from perennial winner ktulu, his nineteenth win! Congratulations, ktulu!

Thanks to all who entered! New pic coming… someday!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:46 am

CAPTION CONTEST for MARCH 18! It's been a while -- what say we have another caption contest? How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize, just the glory of winning!

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:54 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST for MARCH 18! It's been a while -- what say we have another caption contest? How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

Wombat instructs his new assistant to read the fine print.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:26 pm

Few realize that one of the classes lawyers must take is in making puppy dog eyes….

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:11 pm

CAPTION CONTEST RESULTS! I never know what kind of picture will get your funny bones working. I might spend a long time photoshopping myself into some ridiculous situation without much response, but when I just put myself next to a dog and match its expression… wow. So first, your Honorable Mentions: Wayne Franklin: "Wombat tries FaceSwap with surprising results."; PatchOBlack: "Few realize that one of the classes lawyers must take is in making puppy dog eyes."; my mom Gail Randall: "Wombat officially announces his running mate."; two (yet again) from Scott Stogius Maximus Lewis: "It's time to treat your dogs for protection against fleas, ticks, lawyers, and other blood sucking pests." and "The Wombat and the Hound Dog. Similar Baritone range. Similar intonation issues."; Steven Jones: "Trying to ignore him. Is he still there?"; two from ktulu: "For just 2 milkbones a day, you can sponsor this lawyer and give him a better life." and "Do you worry about 'who's a good boy!?!'? Call the law office of Brad 'Wombat' Randall, we'll fight to get the recognition you deserve!"; Jay Marsh: "I don't usually look this way. But have you heard this guy sing?"; and Rick Bivins: "Wombat takes a selfie with his new vocal coach."

And the winner this week is my longtime friend from my Colorado days Mike Reid, his very first win! Congratulations, Mike!

Thanks to all who entered! New pic coming… someday!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon May 23, 2016 10:36 am

CAPTION CONTEST for MAY 27! Inspiration for these contests can come from anywhere. My friends will now think twice before inviting me to their daughter's junior high musical. So, how would you caption this picture? Comment below!

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon May 23, 2016 1:35 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST for MAY 27! Inspiration for these contests can come from anywhere. My friends will now think twice before inviting me to their daughter's junior high musical. So, how would you caption this picture? Comment below!

Loving the sound of his own voice,Wombat bought a spread in the Alps. (echos don't you know.) :wink: