Caption contest

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: Caption contest

Post by Zazu » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:35 am

"Now, imagine that you had a tort claim against every single person who owns a chimney...."

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:15 pm

"Look, Santa. Everything the snow touches is your delivery route…"

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:02 am

Under the guise of "showing Santa the city," Wombat pushes Santa off the roof, thus becoming the new "Singing Santa!"

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:21 pm

CAPTION CONTEST RESULTS! Lots of SGT winners this week! First, the Honorable Mentions: Zazu: "Now, imagine that you had a tort claim against every single person who owns a chimney..."; YANXWIN: "Under the guise of 'showing Santa the city,' Wombat pushes Santa off the roof, thus becoming the new 'Singing Santa'!"; Lion King references from DisneyMom: "And see that Dark, Shadowy Place? That is Hollywood... you must never go there!"; and Anthony Bartholomew: "Everything the snow touches is our kingdom."; Jay Marsh: "As Wombat describes the benefit of his legal counsel, Santa considers jumping off the roof."; and a special Honorable Mention to Joel Bezaire, because this exact Monty Python and the Holy Grail dialogue was running through my head when I created this picture: "One day, lad, all this will be yours..." "What, the curtains?" "No, not the curtains!"

And this week's winner is one of the rare people I know who is both from California and relatively normal, DisneyMom! Congratulations, DisneyMom, on your first win this year and third overall!

Thanks to all who entered! New fake picture coming on Monday!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:44 am

CAPTION CONTEST for DECEMBER 25! It's the penultimate weekly Caption Contest pic! So, how would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize, just the glory of winning!

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:36 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST for DECEMBER 25! It's the penultimate weekly Caption Contest pic! So, how would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize, just the glory of winning!

The booming baritone voice scared the little kids so bad,,they never did a Christmas pageant again.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:12 am

"Sometimes you eat the bear; and sometimes the bear eats you."

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:33 pm

CAPTION CONTEST RESULTS! Now that all the present-opening, family-visiting, and Christmas feasting is over, it’s time for important event of the day! First, the Honorable Mentions: Alan AJ Irby: "…and soooo I'm offering this simple phrase... to kids from one to ninety-two..."; Lyn Robbins: "If you have been wondering about the ass in the stable in those Christmas carols…"; Caitlin Pickett Barrick: "Move aside, kids! I'm a gold medalist... Let me show you how it's done!"; Jay Marsh: "Having lost his bet on the Aggie-Baylor basketball game, Wombat has to sing in the annual Junior Sweet Adelines Christmas show."; Tim Bird: "The cattle are lowing, the baby awakes, 'Cause giant boy Wombat, what a foul stench he makes!!"; Steven Jones: "Remedial baritone class."; and ktulu: "Brad: '...and in Episode 5, we learn that Darth Vader is Luke's father! Now in Episode 7, we learn...' Kids: 'Noooooooooooo!'"

And in addition to his Honorable Mention above, my Vocal Majority brother Jay Marsh supplies this week's winning caption! Congratulations, Jay, on your second win this year and third overall!

Thanks to all who entered! Monday will bring the final pic of 2015, the final regular weekly pic of the Wombat Caption Contest!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:16 am

CAPTION CONTEST for JANUARY 1! As the weekly Wombat Caption Contest prepares to ride off into the sunset, here's a final picture of me, about to ride off into the sunset. So, how would you caption this picture? Comment below!

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:44 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST for JANUARY 1! As the weekly Wombat Caption Contest prepares to ride off into the sunset, here's a final picture of me, about to ride off into the sunset. So, how would you caption this picture? Comment below!

Bob Ross had one last painting in him before he left us. The background was 'great',,the foreground not so much.