Caption contest

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: Caption contest

Post by BRWombat » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:01 am

CAPTION CONTEST for SEPTEMBER 4! Wow, September already? So... how would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize this week, just the glory of winning!

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:18 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST for SEPTEMBER 4! Wow, September already? So... how would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize this week, just the glory of winning!
A Baritone,a Barrister,a photoshopper,now this,,,,,,,,,,,,,is there no limit to Wombat's talent ?

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:10 pm

Wombats are not normally found in rivers. The accompanying photo shows why.

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:17 am

"Welcome to the new 'Thorn among Roses' show."

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:47 am

CAPTION CONTEST RESULTS! Wow... for a picture that seemed to give a lot of you nightmares, there were a ton of funny captions to choose from -- and two of you scored multiple hits! First, the Honorable Mentions: Don Kistler: "My chest is no less fake than anyone else's on this stage!"; Trent Blackley: "Even after forgetting his bustier, Wombat courageously continued the show. The Porter Wagoner jacket would have to do."; Bill Carleton: "Just one example of a dream Bill Carleton has when he accidentally takes his daughter's sleep medication."; two Honorable Mentions to Scott Stogius Maximus Lewis: "Wombat auditions for the new Jim Clancy arrangement of 'Old Man Riverdance'"; and "'Wombat Fit the Battle of Jericho' was never a crowd hit, despite Wombat's best efforts and dancing prowess."; and three Honorable Mentions to Jay Marsh: "Wombat realizes why the hands are always in the hips as he desperately tries to hold up his pants."; "If they only had a dress in his size, Wombat's fantasy would have been realized." and "Just before he passed out, Wombat tried to remember the moment Fred double dared him, and why he accepted."

And as if two Honorable Mentions weren't enough, this week's winning caption comes from Scott Stogius Maximus Lewis! (Have I mentioned you can enter as many times as you like?) Congratulations, Scott, on your third win this year and seventh overall!

Thanks to all who entered! New fake picture coming on Monday!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:26 am

CAPTION CONTEST for SEPTEMBER 11! How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:43 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST for SEPTEMBER 11! How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

Wombat got an 'up close and personal' example of pteradactyl poop. :bigeyes:

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:18 pm

For the first time, the Sorting Hat was stumped. Thus, the House of Wombat was created...

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:10 am

CAPTION CONTEST RESULTS! First, the Honorable Mentions: PatchOBlack: "For the first time, the Sorting Hat was stumped. Thus, the House of Wombat was created."; DisneyMom: "Another Weasley!! Oops, a lawyer? Definitely Slytherin!!"; Big Wallaby: "Divergent!"; ktulu: "Mr. Randall, we have told you time and time again, this school is for children! And not for those who act like them!"; and Scott Stogius Maximus Lewis: "At his age, Wombat didn't care about being assigned to a 'house.' He just wanted to keep the talking hat."

And -- with his very first win -- this week's champion is fellow church-tech-guy and Baylor Bear Larry Lozuk! Congratulations, Larry! (I think VM auditions are going to start using a sorting hat soon.)

Thanks to all who entered! New fake picture coming on Monday!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:16 am

CAPTION CONTEST for SEPTEMBER 18! Forgive the back-to-back movie pics... I had just looked at the pic from a week ago and thought, "Lord of the Dance... why not Lord of the Rings?!" So that's how my brain works. How would you caption this picture? Comment below!