Caption contest

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: Caption contest

Post by BRWombat » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:38 pm

CAPTION CONTEST RESULTS! Yeah, this is obviously based on Becky & me having an empty nest now, but I loved the many directions my crazy friends took this! First, the Honorable Mentions: Marty Senstock: "Think of the omelet!"; Jerry Andrews: "Tonight on Discovery, naturalist Brad Randall shares footage of the previously unseen Lair of the Wombat."; Sally Elizabeth Wooldridge: "Honey, I got the hair ball out if the sink!"; darph nader: "Brad couldn't afford a doghouse for when he got in trouble with Becky, so he improvised."; and Zazu: "Okay, I finally got the nest finished. Now to start on the nest egg!"

And returning to his winning ways with this extremely random caption that cracked me up is ktulu, his fifth win this year and sixteenth overall! Congratulations, ktulu!

Thanks to all who entered! New fake picture coming on Monday!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:36 am

CAPTION CONTEST for AUGUST 28! School days are upon us again! So... how would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize this week, just the glory of winning!

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:31 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST for AUGUST 28! School days are upon us again! So... how would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize this week, just the glory of winning!
Okay,,,this learning stuff is fine. When's lunch?

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:07 pm

"How can anyone understand this 'new' Math?"

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:50 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST for AUGUST 28! School days are upon us again! So... how would you caption this picture? Comment below!

Objection... That line of questioning is irrelevant and requires an opinion instead of fact.

Near Philly
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Near Philly » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:48 pm

" I know they screwed up Math but when did they get their hands on Music too ?"

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:28 am

This must be a dream. In reality, these kids would have their heads buried in electronic devices. I know I will wake up soon from this obvious nightmare.

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:45 pm

Is Wombat smarter than a 5th grader?

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:46 am

hhsrat wrote:Is Wombat smarter than a 5th grader?
Nope, he's an attorney!

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:32 am

CAPTION CONTEST RESULTS! First, the Honorable Mentions: Chase Gooding: "If I still have to pay taxes to the school district, I might as well get my money's worth."; Jay Dennis: "CALCULUS!?!? I thought we were going to sing 'The Wheels On The Bus Go 'Round And 'Round.'"; Jeff Lavelle: "Brad seen here during the filming of the new spin-off show 'Are You Smarter Than A Wombat?'"; Jay Marsh: "The teacher realizes that Wombat has been at his desk since the end of the last school year, unable to get out of his seat."; Don Smith: "Ahhh... 4th grade... the best eight years of my life…"; Kathrine Ricks Seale: "Seriously? You're ALL voting for Hillary?"; and Rick Bivins: "All of Wombat's competitors voted to kick him off of Third Grade Island."

And the aromatic winning caption this week is from Fred, I mean, Jay Marsh, his first win this year and second overall! Congratulations, Jay!

Thanks to all who entered! New fake picture coming on Monday!