Caption contest

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Caption contest

Post by YANXWIN » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:47 am

"If yes, therapy is offered at a reduced rate. If no, stay indoors and keep all windows shut. You could get "sung" to death."

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:39 am

CAPTION CONTEST RESULTS! First, the Honorable Mentions: Lynn A Ewing: "Wanted for general wombat mischief, disguised as a productive member of society."; hhsrat with this Tangled reference: "This is bad, this is very, very bad. This is really bad ... They just can't get my nose right!"; DisneyMom: "Last seen hijacking a tour bus and forcing the passengers to sing the entire Frozen Soundtrack songs."; ktulu: "Since we don't have a good picture of the Sasquatch, we'll just use this one."; Whitney Rogers: "Wanted for crazy Facebook antics and pretending to be a Wombat."; kcberlin: "If not, come to the next Vocal Majority show, and you will."; and finally, from Brandon Randall: "No, no I haven't seen this man." Thanks, son. :rolleyes:

And the winner this week is fellow VM baritone and attorney Jerry Andrews, his first win ever! ("BHS" is the Barbershop Harmony Society. Rule 6 of the BHS Code of Ethics is: "We shall refrain from forcing our songs upon unsympathetic ears." :biggrin:) Congratulations, Jerry!

Thanks to all who entered! New fake picture coming on Monday!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:02 am

CAPTION CONTEST for AUGUST 7! Let's cool things down a bit. How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize this week, just the glory of winning!

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:12 am

o/~ Do you wanna build a wombat? o/~

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:22 am

"Okay, we iced the big one. What's next? The rest of the lawyers or the rest of the baritones?"

"How about the rest of the lawyers who sing off key?"

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:28 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST for AUGUST 7! Let's cool things down a bit. How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize this week, just the glory of winning!

Having never seen 'Frozen',,,Wolafbat couldn't figure out all the attention.

kcberlin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by kcberlin » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:13 am

Knowing that lawyers are cold-hearted, Elsa has an idea...

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:38 am

CAPTION CONTEST RESULTS! First, the Honorable Mentions: Kevin Kavanagh: "Some people are worth melting for. Others are worth melting."; Alan AJ Irby: "Somewhere in the bowels of Disney, corporate execs are reviewing this picture to decide if it is a lawsuit ready to happen or an unexpected marketing opportunity."; Jason Stuart: "Anna: 'See Elsa, if you touch him here, he sings baritone.' Elsa: 'No, no, Anna! You must never do that again!!!'"; and two from ktulu: "No, officer, but we CAN build a snowman and show you what the perp looks like!" and "See, it works better as his nose."

And the winning caption is from our California friend Purpura, her very first win! Congratulations, Purpura!

Thanks to all who entered! New fake picture coming on Monday!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:19 pm

CAPTION CONTEST for AUGUST 14! Yeah, I realize I'm inviting insult, but is that really different from any other week? So... how would you caption this picture? Comment below!

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:50 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST for AUGUST 14! Yeah, I realize I'm inviting insult, but is that really different from any other week? So... how would you caption this picture? Comment below!

"Hi there".When you finish,would you mind holdin my food and spotting me?