Caption contest

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Caption contest

Post by leftcoaster » Tue May 12, 2015 10:35 am

"Anything to declare?"

"One wombat. Make that two wombats."

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Wed May 13, 2015 5:52 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST for MAY 15! Another pic inspired by my upcoming trip... So how would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize this week, just the glory of winning!

I'm sorry sir,,,but the ADA does not believe a wombat is a 'comfort' pet.

CommonSense
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by CommonSense » Fri May 15, 2015 11:07 am

A wombat license? Is that like a fish license but for wombats?

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri May 15, 2015 12:19 pm

CAPTION CONTEST RESULTS! You definitely had fun with this one, although some of you were understandably confused about which wombat was which. First, the Honorable Mentions: Dan Stafford: "But he's my identical twin!!"; Lasolimu: "Sir, I don't care that your name is also wombat, I'm still going to need another passport for you."; Eric S. Zipp: "Your friend is cleared to board... but Mr. Wombat, it appears that you are on the no-fly list."; Jay Dennis: "But sir, the import regulations and restrictions are quite clear on this subject. Each family can bring in one wombat, so which one of you do we need to send home?"; darph nader: "But the announcement said, 'Parents with children board next.'"; leftcoaster: "'Anything to declare?' 'One wombat. Make that two wombats.'"; Scott Stogius Maximus Lewis: "Wombat uses a wombat as his photo ID. It works."; and Rebecca Jordan: "Sir, I don't care that your name is also wombat, I'm still going to need another passport for you."

And this week's winning entry this week is from perennial funny guy Alan AJ Irby, his third win in 2015 and his 18th overall! Congratulations, A.J.!

Thanks to all who entered! DOUBLE caption contest coming on Monday!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon May 18, 2015 1:15 pm

DOUBLE CAPTION CONTEST - two pictures! - for MAY 29! I might have subtly mentioned that I'll be traveling this week... Rather than cancel the contest, I'll just give you two pics and two weeks to think about them! So how would you caption these pictures? Comment below!

The same pics will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pics with my favorite captions on Friday, May 29. No prize this time, just the glory of winning!

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon May 18, 2015 1:25 pm

BRWombat wrote:DOUBLE CAPTION CONTEST - two pictures! - for MAY 29! I might have subtly mentioned that I'll be traveling this week... Rather than cancel the contest, I'll just give you two pics and two weeks to think about them! So how would you caption these pictures? Comment below!

I know we have some odd sayins in Texas,,,,,,,,but this is over the top.

I'll never trust Shatner again. Granted,I did want a Queen sized bed.
The same pics will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pics with my favorite captions on Friday, May 29. No prize this time, just the glory of winning!

bookbabe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bookbabe » Mon May 18, 2015 8:51 pm

BRWombat wrote:DOUBLE CAPTION CONTEST - two pictures! - for MAY 29! I might have subtly mentioned that I'll be traveling this week... Rather than cancel the contest, I'll just give you two pics and two weeks to think about them! So how would you caption these pictures? Comment below!

1) "Gesundheit!"

2) Wombat suddenly realized that asking directions from a man who was in the middle of a sneezing fit might have caused a slight detour in his travels.
BRWombat wrote:Image
"See, I knew that London guard outfit was a better choice for making new friends. Her Majesty does seem to be wearing the same wig as those lawyers, though."

kcberlin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by kcberlin » Tue May 19, 2015 7:30 am

1. Llan...Llan...Llan...Holyhead it is!

2. Hi mom.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue May 19, 2015 1:25 pm

1. Wombat does not think much of the follow up to "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious".
2. Unfortunately, Wombat misunderstood what it means to be a "guest in the London Tower"….

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Fri May 29, 2015 10:06 am

1] I KNEW I should've made that left turn in Albuquerque

I don't have one for the second pic.