Caption contest

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Caption contest

Post by darph nader » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:12 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST for APRIL 24! With my mind on the approaching VM Wales trip, the Caption Contest pics are likely to be more... travel-related. So how would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize this week, just the glory of winning!
Hey, I can be a phone booth attendant. I even have the hat.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:03 pm

Sorry, I'm on duty. I will not pull your finger.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:49 pm

A few moments later, to his distress, Wombat learns that the "Beefeaters" may not be allowed to smile, but they can and will beat the living daylights out of those who poke them.

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:14 am

Hey! Hey you! I'm talking to you! How do you like my new hair?

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:52 pm

"Nice afro, dude!"

CommonSense
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by CommonSense » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:39 pm

Help, I'm in a bad Photoshopped stock image!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:20 am

CAPTION CONTEST RESULTS! This is one of those weeks that really fired your imaginations, so lots of funny to choose from! First, the Honorable Mentions: Dennis Glenn: "Hearing the palace guard softly singing, 'Put your hand on my shoulder,' Brad decided for once in his life to totally go for it."; Tom Halverson: "Excuse me - I'm new on the job today. Where do I pick up my jacket and my gun?"; Whitney Rogers (This will be hilarious to anyone who attended the VM Spring shows. See what you miss when you don't?): "Excuse me - do you think I can reach the heavens with top of my hair now?"; Patrick Stayton: "Keep calm, carry on, and pull my finger."; ktulu: "Do you want to build a snowman?"; Dennis Walker: "Didn't you get the memo? This is casual Friday!"; and Bob Littlepage with this bit of Monty Python nostalgia: "So..... do you want to go upstairs?"

And in a week that had a ton of great entries, fellow VM baritone Chase Gooding takes the prize (disclaimer: no prize) with this Wizard of Oz callback, the very first submission this week! Congratulations on your first win, Chase!

Thanks to all who entered! New pic coming on Monday!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:24 pm

CAPTION CONTEST for MAY 1! Yet another travel-related pic! How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize this week, just the glory of winning!

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:38 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST for MAY 1! Yet another travel-related pic! How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

Mind if I borrow this plane for a bit? I need to move a fridge across town.

CommonSense
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by CommonSense » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:52 am

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST for MAY 1! Yet another travel-related pic! How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

"So, first day on the job! How does it feel to know you're in charge of the safety of 400 passengers onboard a metal tube 42,000 feet in the air?"
"Terrifying!"
"That's the spirit!"