Caption contest

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Caption contest

Post by YANXWIN » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:10 pm

Ella: "Oh heavens no!!! Anything that comes from -that- can't possibly be worth it. I'm going back inside and finish my chores."

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:50 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST for MARCH 20! My dear friend DisneyMom requested a Cinderella-themed pic this week, though I bet she's regretting that now. How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize this week, just the glory of winning!
Afetr agreeing to go to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique with Cindy. Wombat was ready for ,Build a Light-Sabre.

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:58 am

"Yes Mary, it is me, the lawyer for the angel Gabriel. Before we get to the Christ child thing, you need to sign this affidavit confirming that you are indeed a virgin and that you have not had any sexual relations with any man, or woman preceding this date and time. It's all here in the fine print....

Page 666, Paragraph 10, line 6. Yada...yada..yada..."

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:28 pm

CAPTION CONTEST RESULTS! Wow, did you all come through with some great captions this week! So with a wave of my magic wand: first, the Honorable Mentions: ktulu: "Before your Fairy Godmother gets started, I am here to inform you that there are a few, uh, provisos, a, a couple of quid pro quos."; Lynn A Ewing: "Sorry, honey. Due to budget cuts, you get me, the Hairy Fairy Wombat."; Don Kistler: "Um, Cinderella, be careful how you use that term 'fairy,' ok?"; DisneyMom with two: "Unfortunately for Brad, the 'Prince Charming' role went to another actor." and "The retainer for your Unfair Treatment of a Domestic Employee case is $3500.00... my rate is $400.00 per hour.... Maybe you should just go find yourself a Prince to help you with this mess!"; kcberlin: "I feel pretty, oh so pretty. I feel pretty and witty and... wait, who are you?"; and, finally, G Scott Lewis: "After midnight, the Fairy Godmother changed back to a garden variety wombat. In a dress. With a beard. And a crappy attitude."

And today's winning caption comes from first-time winner Kay Strickland Hohes, who not only is my aunt but coincidentally is also married to my uncle! Congratulations, Aunt Kay!

Thanks to all who entered! New pic coming on Monday!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:05 am

CAPTION CONTEST for MARCH 23! In March, there is madness. How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize this week, just the glory of winning!

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:59 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST for MARCH 23! In March, there is madness. How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

What do you mean we face Arizona next?
I want my Mommy. :sad:

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:12 am

Lowering the rim to eight feet opened up the game to many potential players who previously had no chance of competing.

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:19 am

See? A white man can indeed jump.

[Note: this is NOT a racist comment. There is a movie from the early 90's called White Men Can't Jump]

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:16 am

"You left the stepladder out of the picture right?"

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:14 pm

Legal court…basketball court…I own both!