Caption contest

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Re: Caption contest

Post by ktulu » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:45 am

Brad soon regretted volunteering to be in the canoe for the recording of the Vocal Majority's "I want a hippogriff for Christmas" video.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:32 am

Aaaand it only took until the third week of 2014 for last year’s champ to take the prize*! Congratulations Alan AJ Irby on your first win of 2014!

Honorable Mentions: Alan AJ Irby (again): "J.K. Rowling's idea for an 8th novel, 'Harry Potter and the Wombat,' never made it beyond concept level."; DisneyMom: "While introducing his two friends, Harry forgot that 'Wombat' is a favorite Hippogriff treat...."; and PatchOBlack: "Brad soon learns why there is a 'No boating' sign for the lake near Hogwarts...."

Thanks to all who entered! New picture coming Monday – along with a big announcement!

*Still no prize… yet. :biggrin:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:14 pm

Just a bit of news regarding the Caption Contest -- there will actually be a prize this week, and it's a good one! Details tomorrow!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:50 am

2014 CAPTION CONTEST, Week 4 -- THERE IS A PRIZE!! Yes, the Wombat Caption Contest this week is being sponsored by PassPorter's fantastic Disney travel guides, and the winner of this week's contest will be awarded a brand-new PassPorter Walt Disney World 2014, a $25 value!! And since I'm a lawyer and there is an actual prize this week, there are Official Rules that you agree to by entering. You can read them at http://tinyurl.com/WombatOfficialRules.

So, how would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here and on Facebook. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. Whoever submits the winning caption will receive their own Passporter Walt Disney World 2014!!

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:48 pm

The Hub... The... Hub... Hmm... Says there's a really neat statue there, and right next to a castle. Anyone know where to find The Hub? Maybe we should ask that Photopass guy over there.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Widget
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Widget » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:38 pm

The start time for the 3 oclock parade must be in the book somewhere.

mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by mapo » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:31 am

The book says that there is a 3 o clock parade every day! What is this? Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It....three times a day. on the Times Guide but NOT at 3 o clock. Hmmmmm

mapo

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:31 am

"Wait! Is that a photo of Zazu on the Passporter Team page?"

"Ah-hyuck!"

"Well, there goes the credibility of this guidebook."

bookbabe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bookbabe » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:40 pm

Okay, so how do I get to that new Harry Potter ride from here? Huh? Whaddya mean I should have read this guidebook *before* I got here?

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:28 am

They have a meet and greet for you Mickey, and for you Goofy. Why don't I see one for marsupials anywhere?