Caption contest

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
mattdbower
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Park: WDW
Department: Transportation
Position: Watercraft Operator

Re: Caption contest

Post by mattdbower » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:46 pm

[font=Tahoma]I brought pizza for all nations...but mostly America.[/font]

Please note: Any views and/or opinions in this post not directly quoted from a valid source represent my own views and/or opinions and not necessarily those of any other individual or entity.

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:32 pm

Brad's surprise delivery reminded the Founding Fathers that separation from Britain was necessary, but that they may not have been so quick to separate from Italy.

The views and opinions expressed in this post do not represent those of the Walt Disney Company. This post was written while off the clock and off WDW property. Caution: The moving rubber line is travelling at the same speed as you.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:13 am

You all had me worried this week, since the captions were slow to roll in, but you came through with some hilarious ideas! This week’s prize (disclaimer: still no prize) goes to first-time winner Wayne Franklin, filmmaker and author of the hilarious book Midlife Mouse, which is still available at an Amazon near you!

Honorable Mentions: Don Kistler: "Ok, SOMEBODY here ordered 3 pizzas and I'm not leaving till I get paid!"; Bob Hodges: "IDIOT!!! You bring pizza in here? This is Philadelphia. Run out and get us CHEESESTEAKS!!!!!”; and PatchOBlack : “Despite his best efforts, he couldn't get ‘pizza’ listed as one of the inalienable rights....”

Thanks to all who entered! New picture coming Monday!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:20 pm

CAPTION CONTEST, Week 28 - In honor of the host city of the recently concluded Barbershop Harmony Society annual international convention, I find myself enjoying (?) the Edgewalk of Toronto's CN Tower.

How would YOU caption this picture? Comment below! The same pic will show here and on Facebook. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. (As always, no prizes, other than the glory/infamy of being chosen.)

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

bookbabe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bookbabe » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:26 pm

BRWombat wrote: Image
This is *so* not a Wombat's natural habitat!

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:10 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST, Week 28 - In honor of the host city of the recently concluded Barbershop Harmony Society annual international convention, I find myself enjoying (?) the Edgewalk of Toronto's CN Tower.
Brad realizes that he should have asked for a few more details when Mr. Clancy asked if he'd be willing to sing higher.

The views and opinions expressed in this post do not represent those of the Walt Disney Company. This post was written while off the clock and off WDW property. Caution: The moving rubber line is travelling at the same speed as you.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:13 am

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST, Week 28 - In honor of the host city of the recently concluded Barbershop Harmony Society annual international convention, I find myself enjoying (?) the Edgewalk of Toronto's CN Tower.

How would YOU caption this picture? Comment below! The same pic will show here and on Facebook. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. (As always, no prizes, other than the glory/infamy of being chosen.)
"Brad, this Greg Parker of the Police Special Response Unit. I'm here to help you, but first I need you to come back on the walkway..."

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:27 am

When Joe asked him to hang out Brad didn't realize he meant "hang out" literally!

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:59 am

Red suit with brown shoes?!?! Eeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:20 pm

Mooooommmmmyyyy!!!!!