Official SGT ADD thread

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Official SGT ADD thread

Post by felinefan » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:54 pm

FYI, when logging on tonight I saw a warning at both username and password spaces saying it's not secure. What's the status of our security suite? Could be on my end, but I just want to be sure.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:22 am

felinefan wrote:FYI, when logging on tonight I saw a warning at both username and password spaces saying it's not secure. What's the status of our security suite? Could be on my end, but I just want to be sure.
I'm working on putting SGT onto SSL only, I had to find a new SSL cert provider, but I have one, I just need to resolve some issues with renewing the certs automatically.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:35 pm

Sounds good.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:06 pm

Breaking news: After living at WISEPlace for Women for 6 months, I had to live with my pastor's in-laws for the weekend, then move into a made-over bus terminal converted into a homeless shelter. Let's be frank: you can take a pig, give it a good bath, paint its hooves with nail polish, spray it with perfume, dress it in a silk gown, wig and makeup, but it's still going to be a pig. We--there are, I estimate, at least 200 people here--sleep on aluminum frame cots with a pad, blankets and if you're lucky, a pillow. I am not lucky. Three meals a day, showers (15 minutes, towel but no washcloth provided, cold water from a pull cord), and services for mental health, addictions, etc.. At night, you may have trouble getting to sleep due to gigglers, screamers--one old man kept yelling "Help!" over and over several times; he was told to be quiet, was asked what the problem was but I didn't hear his reply, and even after that he kept yelling-- and people who have a bad day and insist on taking it out on others verbally. Safe place, but still watch your stuff. I need to call another place; all others are full or I don't qualify.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed May 03, 2017 2:17 pm

Still at the Courtyards, things have mostly settled down, though there are the occasional people who give the staff a hard time. Yesterday I accidentally got on the bus to Disneyland when I should've gotten on the bus to Chapman and Main, so I could walk to the library in Orange. I was let off near Angel Stadium, found the stop for the bus I needed, and got to the library okay. It's been decades since I last took a wrong bus.

One of my former roommates from when we had the house is working hard to get us a subsidized apartment. I've been approved to be her roommate. She's been camped at the Civic Center in Santa Ana for over a year. However, the waiting lists can be as long as a year.

I've been coming on here 4 days a week, and no posts until today from anyone. But I guess you all are busy....

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu May 04, 2017 12:44 pm

felinefan wrote:Still at the Courtyards, things have mostly settled down, though there are the occasional people who give the staff a hard time. Yesterday I accidentally got on the bus to Disneyland when I should've gotten on the bus to Chapman and Main, so I could walk to the library in Orange. I was let off near Angel Stadium, found the stop for the bus I needed, and got to the library okay. It's been decades since I last took a wrong bus.

One of my former roommates from when we had the house is working hard to get us a subsidized apartment. I've been approved to be her roommate. She's been camped at the Civic Center in Santa Ana for over a year. However, the waiting lists can be as long as a year.

I've been coming on here 4 days a week, and no posts until today from anyone. But I guess you all are busy....
Glad you're stable for now! I check here daily, just been busy with work. I was in Orlando last week, didn't have a chance to meet up with anyone though. Then my wife surprised me by telling me to hit the Magic Kingdom after our sessions were over on Wednesday, so my co-worker and I managed to get in some park time.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Mon May 08, 2017 7:06 pm

Good to know! If I'd had the money, I definately would've gone to DLR. Maybe when my tax refund comes--after I get glasses, my teeth fixed....

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu May 25, 2017 7:41 pm

Woman sues Jelly Belly, claiming she didn't know the beans contain sugar

[Note: Ye Moderator screwed up and deleted the URL when he tried to reply. My bad. Hobie, please repost.]

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed May 31, 2017 12:11 pm

hobie16 wrote:Woman sues Jelly Belly, claiming she didn't know the beans contain sugar

[Note: Ye Moderator screwed up and deleted the URL when he tried to reply. My bad. Hobie, please repost.]
Here's one source: Jelly Belly sued by woman...

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed May 31, 2017 1:19 pm

Bad enough they had to give attention to someone who can't read a food label and decide to further clog up the already overloaded legal system, but did they have to let in California bashers as well? By the way, that site needs a report button stat. Some stupid idiot trying to pimp women under various names.
And if you think California has a bad education system, I think Pennsylvania has it even worse. When I was there 1995-1998, I saw several newspaper articles using the word "breaks" for "brakes", and there was one article of a woman who had committed suicide who left a note that was incomprehensible-- "i what to what" for an excerpt. She could barely spell, let alone use proper subject-verb agreement, etc.. And whenever I was engaged in conversation with somebody, they would keep interrupting to ask what a certain word meant because it was "too big" for them. At least I was educated during the period that California's educational system was still in the top ten. Then we had to let in the liberals, who dumbed everything down, and generally bollixed everything up.