Official SGT ADD thread

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: Official SGT ADD thread

Post by Zazu » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:26 pm

felinefan wrote:I saw on the news this morning that they're doing a re-make of The Lion King, and casting someone else to do Zazu's voice. Couldn't hear the reason why.... What's with the change? Why are they remaking it?
They are remaking films in general because the can be confident of making a certain amount of money from a known property. Hollywood is terrified of new ideas.

I expect that most of the voice actors will be changed for a variety of reasons.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:50 pm

Earlier I asked if any of the original Mouseketeers are still alive. I found a site that answers that question, as well as any other concerning celebrities. Not surprisingly, it's called www.whosaliveandwhosdead.com . Of the Mouseketeers who were in all four seasons of The Mickey Mouse Club, here's the list:
Jimmy Dodd, dead
Roy Williams, dead
Bobby Burgess, alive
Annette Funicello, dead
Darlene Gillespie, alive
Cubby O'Brien, alive
Karen Pendleton, alive
Doreen Tracy, alive

The site has the full list in a table, giving birth dates, when the individual appeared, death date where applicable, and if they did anything else, or other special notes--like Mickey Rooney Jr. and his brother getting fired after one season for getting into mischief in the Disney paint department, or Paul Petersen--later of The Donna Reed Show-- getting fired for punching a casting director.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:30 pm

Where's the fourth member?

Last edited by hobie16 on Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:56 pm

Taking the picture, perhaps? :lol:

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:46 pm

So, now that Hurricane Irma is a post-tropical cyclone, how are our SGTers in FL doing? I have a cousin in Micanopy who decided to ride out the storm at home, and an aunt in Oakland Park, but I don't know if she rode it out or evacuated. I see where DW had relatively minor damage.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Zazu » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:36 pm

felinefan wrote:So, now that Hurricane Irma is a post-tropical cyclone, how are our SGTers in FL doing?
I rode the storm out aboard a cruise ship in the Arctic. Word from my cat-sitter is that there was only minor damage, and all at Chez Zazu is in good order.

Except for my cats, who are pissed, but they get angry when I go out for the mail.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:32 pm

Smart move. My Tripod was pretty chill--most cats can't stand fireworks, for example, but Fourth of July and New Year's didn't bother her. Halloween, on the other hand, was what freaked her out with all the strangers coming to the door. I kept her in the bedroom. She also didn't like vacuum cleaners.

At the shelter I live at, they moved the pets--except one dog and its owner--to the pet owner's area, and I have a problem going over there to visit Nimitz, the cat. There's a few other cats, but mostly dogs. Twice somebody there ratted on me and had me leave. I understand about allergies, but Nimitz and his owners--husband's in a nursing home with a broken hip--were formerly in the handicap area, right next to the eating area, and he had people coming up to him and petting him, playing with him, and occaisonally trying to slip bits of human food to him, despite "Please do not feed Nimitz the cat" signs. People should be allowed to visit their favorite four-legged friends. Nimitz misses his public.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:14 pm

This site is too quiet. I know we've lost a few members, but there's lots of people I miss who I wish would at least pop up once a year and say hi, and let us know what's going on in their corner of the world. And it's been so long since we've had any reports of SGTs; have the guests finally become smarter and more polite?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:59 pm

felinefan wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:14 pm
... have the guests finally become smarter and more polite?
Apparently so. We were at DLR for two days in October and didn't see any. It may have been because the temps were in the 107 range both days.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Zazu » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:23 am

I suppose I've been remiss in posting, but I'm just back from a three-week trip fishing for piranha in the Amazon.

No, really, I took a cruise ship all the way to Manaus, where the Amazon begins, and on a side trip caught a piranha. Ugly, smaller than you might expect from the photos of teeth, but plentiful, and quite tasty when fried in a little butter. Make a great soup, too.

And despite the potential for stupidity on a cruise ship, all the big screw-ups happened in the galley. Well, that and our captain had such a thick Italian accent we couldn't be understand her half the time.