Official SGT ADD thread

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: Official SGT ADD thread

Post by hobie16 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:25 am

Mug Shots Of The Year

Arrested for DUI, DUI, and public drunkenness (left to right).

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:35 pm

Who's that last one? He looks like a happy, female dog.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

bookbabe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bookbabe » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:38 pm

Heh heh...that second guy looks like he fell asleep and toddlers coloured on his face. :oweye: And he actually paid money for that?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:52 pm

More money that has questionable results. They are all making the same statement, "I do not want a job in corporate America. Ever."

Do his ears whistle in a stiff wind?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:05 pm

If I had the $$ they all spent for 'this' and they had feathers in their pants. We'd all be tickled.

bookbabe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bookbabe » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:09 am

hobie16 wrote:More money that has questionable results. They are all making the same statement, "I do not want a job in corporate America. Ever."
Forget Corporate America...how about "I do not want a job. Ever."
Okay, they could maybe work in a tattoo parlour or biker bar. Maybe somewhere you never saw people, like late-shift dishwasher or maybe custodial work in an office building after hours. Ooh, I guess they could be telemarketers if they've got good phone skills...I don't want to judge. But really, the options are limited.
I would love to know what they were thinking when they had that done.

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:31 am

bookbabe wrote:
hobie16 wrote:More money that has questionable results. They are all making the same statement, "I do not want a job in corporate America. Ever."
Okay, they could maybe work in a tattoo parlour or biker bar. Maybe somewhere you never saw people, like late-shift dishwasher or maybe custodial work in an office building after hours. Ooh, I guess they could be telemarketers if they've got good phone skills...I don't want to judge. But really, the options are limited.
You are assuming that they were thinking. Let's not assume too much, after all, you know what happens when you assume.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:35 am

bookbabe wrote:I would love to know what they were thinking when they had that done.
I read a study some time ago that discussed what people thought about tattoos. The overwhelming majority said that they did not trust anyone who had tattoos. The funny part was that people with tattoos did not trust other people with tattoos.

With the Afgan War winding down the Marines have tightened up their rules on tattoos. No visible tattoos is now the rule which means the tattoo sleeves have gotta go. It boils down to either get them removed or get discharged.

--- Matt King

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:12 pm

bookbabe wrote:
They were thinking... I'm a bad ass rebel and I am going to be different from everyone of you conformists, well except the ones that have facial tattoo's, etc. But other than that I am unique, no one is like me, well except for a few tribes in the Amazon. Different, that's me, and legally you cannot discriminate against me because of it. (Hopefully, you can't come up with any other reason for holding me back, you can't can you?)
:badmood:

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:08 pm

I know many people with tatoos. I like a lot of people who have tattoos. I like the tattoos that many people have. Having a tattoo does not make me distrust you.

That being said, what you have tattooed (sp?) on your body is a commentary and a reflection of your personality, taste and common sense. The examples above are people I would *not* trust based on their choices. :oweye: Not to mention that they are mostlly mug shots.

And I would not hire them in a customer facing position except possibly as noted by bookbabe.