mapo will not be down for breakfast

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

mapo will not be down for breakfast

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:23 pm

It is with great sadness that I pass on news of one of our o n. mapo worked for Disney Security, and lost her battle with cancer yesterday morning.

On a personal note, she helped me come to terms with reality in 2009. I was only able to meet her once, and I heard from others who worked with her what a wonderful person she was.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: mapo will not be down for breakfast

Post by Zazu » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:51 pm

My private nickname for her was Eeyore, as she had the same highly sarcastic view of the world, and expressed it in the same somewhat ambiguous terms. You had to know her well to know what she ways really saying.

She had some bad breaks in life, some of which were caused by her excess of truth and intolerance of BS. I haven't been able to see her in years, but I'll still miss her.

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: mapo will not be down for breakfast

Post by Whazzup » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:55 am

I haven't been here for months, and am sad to return and find mapo gone. I didn't know her personally, but she was obviously a force to be reckoned with on SGT and life in general. Will miss her comments.