Anything gone in four years?

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Anything gone in four years?

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:03 pm

I was looking over the archives, and saw a thread from 2010. It was started by one particular forum dweller of dubious standing (who, I believe, was banned shortly afterward) that claimed, among other things, that the changing of the name of the merry-go-round at WDW was a sign that Disney was on a spree of replacing attraction and not carrying about the classic rides and such.

Now, I'm not trying to resurrect that thread, but it does have me curious: Has there been any major removals at the resorts? Mainly, at the Magic Kingdom and DL.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: Anything gone in four years?

Post by hobie16 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:29 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:Now, I'm not trying to resurrect that thread, but it does have me curious: Has there been any major removals at the resorts? Mainly, at the Magic Kingdom and DL.
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: The Pendleton Store!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I'd always buy one every trip.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Anything gone in four years?

Post by hhsrat » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:05 am

At the Magic Kingdom:
  • Snow White's Scary Adventures was demolished, to make way for a princess meet and greet.
  • The defunct Fantasyland skyway station (the ride had closed many years before) was demolished, to make way for a princess-themed restroom
  • The Peter Pan restrooms were demolished, to make way for an extended queue