Magic Kingdom Parking Lot gets makeover

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Magic Kingdom Parking Lot gets makeover

Post by avengador1 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:04 am

This is sure to confuse SGs even more. Most can barely remember which lot they parked in, let alone which row. Actually, I have found that all you need to remember is your row number and if you are parked in the front or back of it.
Here is a link to this story.

http://www.wesh.com/themeparks/29256417/detail.html
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- The parking lot at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom Park is getting a little bit of a makeover. It's all in an effort to help park guests find their vehicles in a sea of thousands of others.
Disney has started work on dividing the lot into two main sections -- Heroes and Villains.
Within each section will be smaller areas like Woody, Aladdin, Peter Pan, Simba, Mulan and Rapunzel in the Heroes lot and and Zurg, Jafar, Hook, Scar, Cruella and Ursula in the Villains lot. Each lot will also have a specific color.
With thousands of spaces, Disney World has some of the world's largest parking lots.

bookbabe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Magic Kingdom Parking Lot gets makeover

Post by bookbabe » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:10 am

What I don't understand is the SGs in an uproar over the change. Over on Board X, and in the comments section of the Disney parks blog, there's all sorts of "but that's not what Walt wanted" furor. Over parking lot signs? Really? Is it going to make that much difference in your day? :confused:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:47 pm

bookbabe wrote:What I don't understand is the SGs in an uproar over the change. Over on Board X, and in the comments section of the Disney parks blog, there's all sorts of "but that's not what Walt wanted" furor. Over parking lot signs? Really? Is it going to make that much difference in your day? :confused:
I'm pretty sure Walt didn't want a bunch of entitled, self-righteous zealots overseeing every decision his parks made, either. But you know, that's just my thought on the matter. :cool:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:54 pm

^ I agree with you BW! HA!

Actually, this seems to be a pretty good idea IMO. It's a fun twist on the older parking lot signs we had here @ Disneyland.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

Odie
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Odie » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:03 pm

BRWombat wrote:I'm pretty sure Walt didn't want a bunch of entitled, self-righteous zealots overseeing every decision his parks made, either. But you know, that's just my thought on the matter. :cool:
This. So, so very this. :D:

svickersart
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by svickersart » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:27 pm

lots have had character names for along time. at Mickey and friends they give you a card to circle the charactor (for level) row (letter) and number (where in the row you are) so you can find your car. I just take a picture of the nearest column with all the info on it and refer back to it if I need to.
Steve

Planner
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Planner » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:22 pm

People need to get the fudge over themselves end of story. I don't care what new make over happens as we will still put our VaTech flag on the car, take a photo of the row and move on. After many trips and many rental cars its worked great. Of course now we follow the thin blue line more often that not so its less of an issue.

I am amazed the crap folks can get their panties in a wad over.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]"You can't just let nature run wild"[/font]
Walt Disney

Wonder if he was thinking about a SG:D:

RedOctober25
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by RedOctober25 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:40 pm

Looking at an SGs point of view, if they find their car right away then they might not have a reasonn to yell at a CM and try to get free tickets... :D:

Mr. D.
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Mr. D. » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:35 pm

Sounds like this new system will make it almost impossible for guest to loose their car.

That being said. That means that there will be more reports of guest loosing their cars.

I was thinking that there should be a kiosk at the end of each row and each spot have a number. You look at that number and punch it in to the kiosk. it give you a ticket with your location information. So if you forget, you have something to look at.

That being said. If more people would take the time to write down their parking lot location and put it in their wallet. Or take a photo of the lot name/number so you have it on your camera.

The parking situation of guest loosing their cars just proves how stupid really are.

BTW there is a FREE app for your smart phone that helps you find your car. It used the GPS system. You stand next to your car and push the button, it stores the location. Then at the end of the day you push find and it guides you to your car.

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:39 am

Disney needs a valet lot at the Magic Kingdom, LOL.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]