WDW Monorail Hours of Operation to be Cut

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: WDW Monorail Hours of Operation to be Cut

Post by avengador1 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:35 pm

The monorails are certainly getting a bit long in the tooth with age. They have a peculiar smell in them, the door gaskets are ripped in many of the doors, and even some of the seats have been cut up by guests.
The last announcement I saw, at my final clock in last Wednesday, was that all monorails would be shutting down one hour after regualr park hours. All guests were to be directed to the ferry and buses would be made available. We had a couple of nights with early shutdown of the monorails last month. The guests were confused and some were even visibly angered. Some of the Contemporary Resort guests elected to take the sidewalk back there.
There are many problems with the monorail besides the age of the trains. After 9-11 a "safety" fence barrier was put up to not let the guests cross over without having to go through security first. This fence is about waist high and at least one guest and hour will actually hop over it to get to the Express monorail.
The exit ramp from the monorails can have up to 720 guests walking down it at once, if two monorails unload at the station at once. People walking up to the Resorts monorail entry tend to walk to their right up this ramp, against the flow of all these people, they usually will have to cut across if they want to use the Resorts monorail.
Some people will go up to the fence and try to open the gate that is built into it, trying to go to the Express monorail side. The gate is padlocked and the whole area behind it is roped off to keep guests out. Many ignore the ropes and hop this fence and gate anyway. I actually saw some kid trip, while doing so, and fall to the ground behind the fence. Lucky for Disney he wasn't hurt.
I have some stories about SG in this area of the park I will be posting later.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:06 am

I remember that fence very well. What a pain in the rump. Either make it taller (except you know that someone would grab the bus bar as they climbed over) or take it out. But as it is now, it is most certainly a problem... though if you were only seeing one per hour, I'd say you were doing pretty good.

Now, as a fellow 'Rails former Cast Member, hurry up and get your post count up to 10. I have a PM for you that I can't send yet.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:13 am

You could always send me a private message if this forum allows so (remember I'm new here). I'll try to get my count up as quickly as possible. ;)

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:43 pm

Waiting on that PM you promised to send once my post count reached 10. ;)

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Whazzup » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:03 pm

avengador1 wrote:Waiting on that PM you promised to send once my post count reached 10. ;)
BW tends to put himself in a trance when he's reading SGT posts. He'll awaken soon and send you that PM, I'm sure. ;)

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:45 am

Sorry, it's been a rough day. I might tell more later, but it's not business that I should bother you with.

I will give another attempt. I think I tried when you had 12 or 13, so maybe the minimum is 15. We'll find out.

EDIT: Nope. Maybe 20 is the magic number. I see you are set to accept PMs.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:45 am

If it's 20 then now you should be able to send me one. ;)

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:48 am

I know this is off topic but I was thinking of visiting Babs, at the Jungle cruise, this morning and maybe coming back in the evening to see some of my monorail friends. I also might even take a picture of the bathroom near guest relations. ;)

CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: F&B

Post by CptnSkippy » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:38 am

avengador1 wrote:I know this is off topic
No such thing here. It's stranger to stay on topic.

Parties of 33 should consider dividing their parties into two groups of 16 and a half each.

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:21 pm

In that case here is a picture of the bathroom entrance next to Guest Relations at the Magic Kingdom. ;)