Al Weiss to Retire

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Al Weiss to Retire

Post by Zazu » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:08 pm

Yes, he'll still be down for breakfast, but he'll be saying goodbye to Mickey after six years as President of Parks & Resorts. Pretty good run for somebody who once pushed a hot dog wagon around Tomorrowland.

Al was born the same year I was. Gives one pause to think....

Zazu

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Al Weiss to Retire

Post by Whazzup » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:53 pm

Zazu wrote:Yes, he'll still be down for breakfast, but he'll be saying goodbye to Mickey after six years as President of Parks & Resorts. Pretty good run for somebody who once pushed a hot dog wagon around Tomorrowland.

... that perhaps Zazu should transfer to hot dog wagons vice steam trains.

(j/k o mighty Zazu. LYMI)

mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by mapo » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:54 am

Zazu wrote:Yes, he'll still be down for breakfast, but he'll be saying goodbye to Mickey after six years as President of Parks & Resorts. Pretty good run for somebody who once pushed a hot dog wagon around Tomorrowland.

OMFG This SUCKS....Yeah I know Al was on the red eye every weekend to be with his family. *sigh* Still there is no one in Anaheim who came from WDW to help them understand our differences. Such a shame.

Am glad will be getting more Orlando time with his family...maybe he will use his Maingate to visit.

Congrats Al on surviving so long.

mapo

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:34 pm

Bye.

Course now this means that there's a possibility of Phil Holmes or Meg Crofton taking over....

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:51 pm

IndyandMarion wrote:Course now this means that there's a possibility of Phil Holmes or Meg Crofton taking over....
Probably not. Word is that Al's position won't be filled, with Tom Skags extending his reach. Al's delayed departure is thus theoretically time for him to teach his boss how to do his job.

No offense to Tom, but from all the good I've seen from Al, I doubt that's time enough. Class act --- gonna be missed.

Zazu

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:14 am

Oh perfect /sarcasm

As part of an executive reshuffle, Tom Staggs today announced that Walt Disney World Resort President Meg Crofton has been promoted to President, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Operations. This positions Meg Crofton in the top leadership position of Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World and Disneyland Paris.

George Kalogridis, president, Disneyland Resort, and Philippe Gas, president, Euro Disney SAS will both report to Crofton. While Crofton herself retains the role of Walt Disney World President, reporting to Tom Staggs.

A good photograph means knowing where to stand