This guy makes APs look bad

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

This guy makes APs look bad

Post by CujoSR » Sun Mar 23, 2003 12:22 am

Mousepad Thread
Any mousepadders please come and assist.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

DisneyFan25863
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by DisneyFan25863 » Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:06 pm

Hi. Even though I'm not a CM (sorry if I'm not supposed to be here), I agree with you. That guy really does make AP's look bad. Somtimes people like him make impressions to you guys that all AP's are rude, ignorant, and inpolite. That's not true. I am an AP, and I try not to do this kind of stuff whenever I can. It's almost sad that everytime I get a fastpass, enter the park, or show at a food location for discounts, the CM will give me a bad look.

~DisneyFan25863~
(AKA DisneyFan25863 on MousePad)

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:22 pm

Be warned JackW is now napframe!! I'm not sure how he changed his name.

"Dreams are as portals,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Sun Mar 30, 2003 3:04 am

By the way thanks' for visiting DisneyFan!! Mousepadders are always welcome here! :throw: Sort of.. he he he :pbjtime:

"Dreams are as portals,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

wheelieman
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by wheelieman » Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:32 pm

DisneyFan25863 wrote:Hi. Even though I'm not a CM (sorry if I'm not supposed to be here), I agree with you. That guy really does make AP's look bad. Somtimes people like him make impressions to you guys that all AP's are rude, ignorant, and inpolite. That's not true. I am an AP, and I try not to do this kind of stuff whenever I can. It's almost sad that everytime I get a fastpass, enter the park, or show at a food location for discounts, the CM will give me a bad look.

~DisneyFan25863~
(AKA DisneyFan25863 on MousePad)
I'm in the same boat, and I totally agree with Disneyfan. I am an AP here in Minnesota now at ValleyFair! and I was one at DL from 1985 to 1991. I NEVER got the impression that I was bugging CM's, in fact they were usually glad to have me around because I went out of my way to NOT be a nuisance, and to be FRIENDLY.

To tell the truth, it never occurred to me that APs could be such Passholes until I found this site. I have worked at Camp Snoopy at the Mall of America here in Minnesota, and I did see my share of morons, but I just figured that they acted that way wherever they were. The store, their moms' basement, etc... I actually dealt with more retards at my real job as a long distance operator. I have lots of great stories about THAT job! When DL guests would use those boxes with the speaker phones at the exit to CircleVision it was like they were on stupid pills. How hard is it to dial 0+[area code]+ number? I would actually connect the rude ones to directory assistance in Tijuana and let them figure out what had just happened. Anyhow, since this site isn't about long distance operators, I digress.

I chose the name wheelieman because, yes, I am a guest who uses an "ECV". Now some DL CM's apparently consider them as just legs for fat lazy people, at least that is the impression I get from reading some of the posts here. You guys, that shocked me! I took it personally, I guess. I always bring my own scooter, which for me is my wheelchair because I couldn't afford a $7500 power chair. I can walk a short distance, but because I contracted Muscular Dystrophy 2 years ago, I need the scooter for any distance more than a few feet. I try to be considerate of ALL others. At ValleyFair! I have to use their Special Assistance Pass because every line ends with a turnstile. My scooter [my kids call it "Scootie"] doesn't do turnstiles very well. I NEVER insist on a particular seat on a coaster, I NEVER ride twice like they allow, and the CM's always smile when I am there because I treat them with ample respect and courtesy, just like I did at DL.

I'm sorry I went on a rant here. I feel that I should apologize for every bad contact you each have had with a person on an ECV, and hope that the next time you have to load a guy onto BTM who won't fit into the lap bar but insists that you let him ride anyway because "they let him last time"[by the way, that is NOT me] that you will think of me, and think "hey, I bet they're not ALL bad".

A couple of you, like BirdMom probably know who I am, or have seen me around the park in the '80s or early '90s. I always used to hang around CircleVision or Tomorrowland, and the leads never complained about me or tried to shoo me away if I talked to my friends who were CM's. I knew when it was time to leave. I was pretty good friends with Chris W. there, and I don't know if that was too much info, but the moderator can edit that out if they want.

Thanks for taking the time to read my ravings,

daveinMN on Mousepad

PS. Birdmom does not know me personally, and I am just ASSuming that she would probably say something like, "oh, that guy", just because I was in the park a LOT. I didn't miss 12 days a year for the first 3 years I had an AP. I worked 3 blocks away and I had to work split shifts. During the 5 hour break I had I went to DL! So, like I said, I was there a LOT!

Im in California, Im in California! If you see me at Knott's, come up and say "Hi"!

^ Okay, the novelty has worn off.

Amateur Radio Call Sign KI6BVW

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:34 pm

DisneyFan25863 wrote:......That guy really does make AP's look bad. Somtimes people like him make impressions to you guys that all AP's are rude, ignorant, and inpolite.......
Wow, fooled me, most APer's are pretty bad if you ask me. I've only seen a handful (myself included here) that are just laid back and try not to do anything. All I ever do is say hi to CM's, ask them how they're doing, and whats been going on recently. If that bugs, then I'll stop. I could care less about priviledges and stuff like that. All I want to do is hang around the Mansion.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

SirWillow
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SirWillow » Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:18 am

I'm not an AP holder at Disney, though I'm planning on it this year. But I have been one for several years at SFMM because it's more convenient. And what I'm learning is that my attitude about them is apparently radically different than that of most AP holders. I've always figured that since they gave me a good deal and allowed me to go anytime I want with minimal cost, that in a lot of ways I had more responsibility to try to give back to the park as a result. To say the kind word to the CM's, who probably rarely hear it otherwise. To attempt to field some of the stupidity from the other guests and head it off for them, or at least provide them with an allie who can speak openly without worry for my job. And to do my best to be an asset to the park, not an ASSet.

Isn't it sad that is so unusual today. In any case, now that I'm a sort of "third class" CM over at TDS, and that we've got decent transportation in another month or so, I'm hoping to finally get AP's for the family this year. I promise to do our best to help, or at least stay out of the way or be polite, instead of drive you nuts. :)

What do you mean you won't smile for the camera?

Wizard69
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Wizard69 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:28 pm

I'm with the rest of you. We have 18 people in our family with APs. We keep to ourselves, never complain to CMs about anything, help the clueless guests and just have fun in the park. Those few idiots make the rest of us look bad.

coffeegirl9
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by coffeegirl9 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:07 pm

Wizard69, I would both agree and disagree on the whole "It's only a few that make the rest of us look bad." Every day, some idiot gets their AP revoked. Why? Well, here is a short list of the stupid things AP's do AFTER giving us all their information!

Shoplift
Start fights
Harrass CM's and/or other guests
Go into off limit places
Give their AP to someone else to use(you don't know how many times I've heard 'for this price, I should be able to get whomever I want in!')
Try to con people
Stand up on rides
Drink or use drugs

And that's just a few things! This happens EVERY DAY. Hundreds of AP's get revoked a year. Their attitude seems to be that their AP entitles them to whatever they want, that they are a cut above the rest of the poor losers that don't have one, that they are experts on the parks, much more so than the actual people working there!

OK, having ranted, I will admit that we also have hundreds of AP's like you and your family; people who are repeat AP holders, whom never bother anybody and seem genuinely pleased to have an AP. But I think it's defintiely more than a few who leave this bad taste in our mouths for the rest.

cheshire
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by cheshire » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:53 pm

They can get their passes revoked for standing on rides???? People stand up on Splash all the time. Or is it just the coasters?