This guy makes APs look bad

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: This guy makes APs look bad

Post by YANXWIN » Fri May 30, 2014 9:38 am

I haven't even considered that I should get preferential treatment for an AP other than the discount. If anything, it gets me a lot of light-hearted ribbing from my friends and co-workers. First of all, I'm supposed to be a tough asphalt worker in a construction field. Supposedly Disney is for sissies. Then there is the fact that I live in Utah, and why would someone from Utah need an AP to a place in another state. (Math, folks. When you go as often as we do, it saves us money on admission and meals.) All I'm looking for is a little savings for my addiction. I think back to the rant on "So I Married an Ax Murderer" when the dad claims "The Colonel" puts something in the chicken that makes him crave it "fortnightly." Somehow Disney has done that to me.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Sat May 31, 2014 6:22 am

Heck, we don't even get to use the discount much. We just don't buy that much merchandise anymore. But math is king! We are DVC, so we gets discounted AP. We love the restaurants, so the AP (and now DVC directly) lets us get Tables in Wonderland. We plan our trips so we can get 3 trips out of one AP, and then we let it lapse after the third trip and wait to buy a new one for the next trip, starting the cycle over again. It's cheaper than renewing.

As far as special consideration because we have an AP, I never even considered it. It's just admission folks, and discounted admission at that if you do it right!

Near Philly
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Near Philly » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:00 pm

10 1/2 years.
Is that a record for bringing a thread back from the dead ?

And yes, I looked because we have AP's

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:37 am

Near Philly wrote:10 1/2 years.
Is that a record for bringing a thread back from the dead ?
Possibly, but that's not really remarkable.

After all, stupid is immortal.