Back from DLP again - new stories abound!

Disneyland Resort Paris Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland Paris discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Ottar
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Back from DLP again - new stories abound!

Post by Ottar » Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:37 pm

Just came back from another working summer season at DLP! :D

I had the fortune of working at Big Thunder Mountain - and let me tell you I have rarely worked so hard in my life! It was good work and good fun, and the team I was working in was in good spirit - in fact the best I have come across at DLP so far.

Anyway, we're here for the guest stories, so here goes;

My friend Mr D was working greeter at BTM and was more or less swamped with kids to measure and parents eager to "make sure" their kids were tall enough to ride. Suddenly, he felt someone tap him on the shoulder and he quickly turned around. He found himself facing a gentleman of maybe indian or pakistani origin who was just finishing something he had begun saying already as Mr D turned around. Mr D didn't quite catch what he was saying so he asked "Pardon?", hoping for the guest to repeat the one-word sentence he had just uttered. Thinking back, Mr D is pretty sure the guest had said "Bathroom?" or "Restroom?", but at the time he just couldn't make the connection. The guest, thinking Mr D must be bad at english, leaned forwards towards him and spoke slowly and with a drastically raised voice, bellowing "I NEEEED TOOO SHIIIIT!" so loud that the CM working the fastpass machines some 25 meters away heard it clearly....
Sometimes, keeping a straight face is a real pain - and this time it must have been murder... ;)

In Walt's days, quality and capacity did not compete.

Ottar
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Ottar » Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:58 pm

One of my own experiences, then;

I was working at the dispatch console on the annex side of Big Thunder Mountain and as per usual I spent the load and unload time chatting with the guests grouped for row number 1 in the train. I try to strike up a short conversation with two elderly ladies before they board the train, and it turned out they were from Spain. Thus, the conversation (they didnt speak french and only very little english - I sadly don't speak a word of spanish) was little more than "Hi!" and "Nervous?" Somewhat originally for a couple of elderly ladies going on a roller coaster, they both replied with "No no, not nervous!" and happily boarded the train.
I sent the train on its adventurous way around the island, and since we were only running four trains that day the train arrived back on my side of the station again after the trip.

The ladies looked like they had been struck by lightning. Both quite pale and with facial expression that defy all description, they exited the train on unstable legs and stood there for a few seconds to catch their breath again. When they regained their composure I had already sent the train away again and turned to them to make sure they were all right - one of them looked particularly taken by the experience. They looked back at me with bewildered eyes and said something in spanish that I did not understand. I asked, in english, if they were all right.

Their response almost made me die of laughter.

"What kind of show was THAT?! We didn't even see Tarzan!"
See, they thought they were at the Chaparall Theatre and were going to see the Tarzan Musical show.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

In Walt's days, quality and capacity did not compete.