We've got our share of stupid guests at DL Paris, too...

Disneyland Resort Paris Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland Paris discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Cloud Buster
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Cloud Buster » Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:00 am

Thatguy wrote:"We're on the ride and all he's doing is spouting off these smart alek jokes the whole time. I came on this ride to see the jungle, not to listen to some guy tell jokes."
ROFLMAO!!! :lol:

This thread has some really classic tales in it.

I finally take my first orientation in 2 days, I'll be able to be scheduled in my department in about a week. I get the feeling that being a CM may cause me to lose all faith in humanity's ability to survive the next 100 years...but in a strange way, I'm kind of looking forward to it. :D

SpaceRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SpaceRanger » Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:07 am

Cloud Buster wrote:I finally take my first orientation in 2 days, I'll be able to be scheduled in my department in about a week. I get the feeling that being a CM may cause me to lose all faith in humanity's ability to survive the next 100 years...but in a strange way, I'm kind of looking forward to it. :D
I'm still saying we should just take the warning lables off everything... it'd at least cut the population of stupid guests in half...

God must love stupid people. He made so many of them.

TreoFred
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by TreoFred » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:11 pm

Thanks for sharing those story Ottar!

Now, I have to admit I'm NOT a CM, I'm an (evil ?) AP from SoCal. Anyway, one thing that always amazed me in DLP is how they would get a small group of CM to explain to people that a ride had broken down. I remember in the first year of Space Mountain that the ride was getting shut off several times a day (some CM in California once told me a story of an access door that, if open, would prompt the ride to stop... subsequently, another one in DLP told me that there were 7 such doors in Paris... Of course, I never tried to check either claim :P ). A group of 4 or 5 CM would show up, each speaking different language (I remember at the minimum hearing French, English, German and Spanish... might have been Italian and Portuguese as well but I can't tell), they would each try to bring the people speaking 'their' language towards them and keep repeating (sometime for a LONG time) that the ride was broken, would be close for awhile, etc...

Anyway, just to say that I've really been amazed by the way the multilingual challenged was being handled ! I remember visiting DLP two weeks BEFORE opening in 92 and seeing a lot of CMs that looked like they had been brought straight from Orlando, not speaking much French. Didn't bother me but made me realize how much language was going to be a potential HUGE issue for this park !

Ottar
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Ottar » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:01 am

I was one of those CMs talking to people waiting in line at rides that had gone 101! :D It was a great job - we went from ride to ride either entertaining people by juggling, doing magic tricks or whaterver OR talking to them - every one of us knew at least four languages. :)
Languages ARE a huge thing at DLP, but since people are very used to multilingual situations in Europe, its not really something that ever becomes an issue. All us CMs are encouraged to take language tests and to wear our little flag pins whenever we are on stage.

In Walt's days, quality and capacity did not compete.

BohoRoohaha
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by BohoRoohaha » Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:00 pm

LOL. that's funny stuff. Have you guys heard of the comedian Eddie Izzard? He makes fun of that too. something to the effect of, "We've got to make this castle nice, they have real ones here!"

You know, sometimes you just get that urge to jump into the trash compactor.

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:10 am

ottar, i didn't read half the things in this thread, but i'm sure they're all great, but i must say... your picture, kinda scares me, but at the same time, all i can think is "way cool"

Gimme some soft serve!

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:13 am

BohoRoohaha wrote: Have you guys heard of the comedian Eddie Izzard? something to the effect of, "We've got to make this castle nice, they have real ones here!"
Wouldn't this be a PERFECT sign outside the castle during rehab :idea: Might explain more to guests than CM's logic. :lol:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

BohoRoohaha
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by BohoRoohaha » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:04 am

LOL. that'd be awesome

You know, sometimes you just get that urge to jump into the trash compactor.

StrangeTikiGod
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by StrangeTikiGod » Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:19 am

"You'd better build it a bit bigger, they've actually got castles here...and they're not made out of plastic..."

I love Eddie Izzard...the man is a genius

WDWCP 1999 - Trail's End, Ft Wilderness
WDWCP 2000 - MGM Backlot Tour
DQ Chicago 2001 - the Zoo

Ottar
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: We've got our share of stupid guests at DL Paris, too...

Post by Ottar » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:53 pm

LOL - well, I have to say I like the DLP castle - especially the "dungeon" parts of it where the dragon rests... :)

In Walt's days, quality and capacity did not compete.