We now return you to your regularly scheduled stupidity

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.
200footdrop
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: We now return you to your regularly scheduled stupidity

Post by 200footdrop » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:21 pm

I'm just glad that everything was able to get back online quickly (at least from my perspective, seeing that it was down on July 4th) and that nothing major was lost indefinitely.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:47 am

Great work, Cujo. Thanks for all the effort! I really appreciate you keeping this place open for business the way you do.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:23 pm

Well, seeing's how I don't have internet at home, and on July 4th the libraries are closed, I went to church where my stuff is stored--in a nice, safe shed--and sorted through it, tossing some stuff, re-organizing others, and taking some home. I've got course materials and notes from Bible college that I was forced to remove from their binders during one of mom and I's moves, and now the next thing is to buy new binders and put them back in binders. I hope to have that done by the end of the year.

I had to re-learn how to navigate in here; clicking on "forums" just brings me back to the home page, so I figured out that if I click on "new posts", I can go from thread to thread. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

So, now I don't have to start from the library home page anymore?

ynnepztem
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by ynnepztem » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:57 pm

Cujo, I like the new look. (or is it just me?) Imagine how hurt I was to log on July 4th to find the site down!!! I wanted to see my name in the today's birthday section. Bummer. Now I'll have to wait a whole year. I'll use that as an excuse to stay around. I love you guys :hug:

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:38 pm

I logged in, but was told it was an invalid redirect. Tried again, and though my name was on the members online area, I couldn't post. I third try got me on board--clicked "Remember me?"--so I could reply. You mean NOBODY posted yesterday? Must've been something to do with Malware Monday, right?

I notice the post icon boxes are still blank, with the little red X's in boxes with the name of the icon next to them. That'll be fixed soon, right? The icons are more interesting to look at than the red X's.

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:05 pm

felinefan wrote:I logged in, but was told it was an invalid redirect. Tried again, and though my name was on the members online area, I couldn't post. I third try got me on board--clicked "Remember me?"--so I could reply. You mean NOBODY posted yesterday? Must've been something to do with Malware Monday, right?

I notice the post icon boxes are still blank, with the little red X's in boxes with the name of the icon next to them. That'll be fixed soon, right? The icons are more interesting to look at than the red X's.
Which post icon boxes are you talking about?

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:12 pm

Not to nag -- I'm as appreciative as any that I don't have to maintain this site myself -- but to make sure your "to-do" list is complete....

When I log in, I am sent to a 404 page with the message "Invalid Redirect URL (http://stupidguesttricks.com/)". From that page, I can go to "New Posts" (my usual first stop), but I'm thinking that's not how it should be working.

Thanks again for all the hard work!

Zazu

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:15 pm

Zazu wrote:Not to nag -- I'm as appreciative as any that I don't have to maintain this site myself -- but to make sure your "to-do" list is complete....

When I log in, I am sent to a 404 page with the message "Invalid Redirect URL (http://stupidguesttricks.com/)". From that page, I can go to "New Posts" (my usual first stop), but I'm thinking that's not how it should be working.

Thanks again for all the hard work!
Try this URL.

http://www.stupidguesttricks.com/index.php

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:32 pm

When you go to post, at the bottom there are icons you can click on to add to your post, or none at all. They're labeled "Post Icons".

Like Zazu, I get a redirect, like he did, and I have to log in a second time and click "Remember me" in order to post. And I'm doing this from my Yahoo homepage.

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:01 pm

Remember to add the "www" before the url. for smoe reason the website only works this way.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."