We now return you to your regularly scheduled stupidity

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.
CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

We now return you to your regularly scheduled stupidity

Post by CujoSR » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:10 pm

Thank you for bearing with me these past few days. The issues that have kept SGT closed for a time have been resolved. As you can see though there is still some clean up to do. I will be working on making everything look pretty for the next few days but in the meantime, posting, replying and everything else you are used to should work just fine. please let me know if you encounter issues. Also I'd like you notify me if you notice anything new in this software that may have been overlooked. Just a warning there maybe a few quick closures of the forum for security patches that are not finished yet. Does that make you happy Shorty?

Here is a list of known issues that I will update separately:
*Front page not working (fixed)
*Not all Smiles available (fixed
*Some users getting an "Invalid redirect" warning. (Send me screenshots and hardware specs, please)

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: We now return you to your regularly scheduled stupidity

Post by hobie16 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:37 pm

Ain't technology grand? ;)

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:30 pm

Hmm. I don't seem to be able to see icons, smileys, etc. But I assume that comes under clean-up.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:04 pm

Will the home page come back or will Activity Stream be the new home page?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:12 pm

Yeah! I've been going through major SGT withdrawal!

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:29 pm

Shorty82 wrote:Yeah! I've been going through major SGT withdrawal!
Reminds me of the 'old' days when you couldn't buy beer until noon on Sundays.
Imagin a bunch of guys standin around the store coolers like junkies waitin for 12:00. :(

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:53 pm

darph nader wrote:Reminds me of the 'old' days when you couldn't buy beer until noon on Sundays.
Imagin a bunch of guys standin around the store coolers like junkies waitin for 12:00. :(
"Old days"? Not that old, beer couldn't be sold at all on Sundays in the county I grew up in. According to this site it is still illegal to sell alcohol in the county on Sundays. Alcohol can't be sold from 12am to 7am any night and not from 12am Saturday night until 7am Monday morning.

Hell, it was only 6 years or so ago that liquor could finally be sold in the county! Before then one either had to go to Escambia County to buy liquor (I knew of at least one liquor store set up right across the county line I'm willing to bet was there to sell to Santa Rosa people) or be in the military so had access to the commissary onboard Whiting Field NAS or the convenience store onboard Whiting Pines Naval Housing in town (being federal property county laws don't apply).

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Ididwhat
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Ididwhat » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:46 pm

CujoSR wrote:Thank you for bearing with me these past few days. The issues that have kept SGT closed for a time have been resolved. As you can see though there is still some clean up to do. I will be working on making everything look pretty for the next few days but in the meantime, posting, replying and everything else you are used to should work just fine. please let me know if you encounter issues. Also I'd like you notify me if you notice anything new in this software that may have been overlooked. Just a warning there maybe a few quick closures of the forum for security patches that are not finished yet. Does that make you happy Shorty?

Here is a list of known issues that I will update separately:
*Front page not working
*Not all Smiles available
What do you mean "closed". Do you know how much I pay for internet service? Now you have ruined my entire browsing experience. Sorry kids, this guy shut everything down, and now we can't see how stupid people are at Disney. He probably did it just so we could not visit.

Sorry, just couldn't help myself! It just seemed so easy.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:04 pm

Ididwhat wrote:What do you mean "closed". Do you know how much I pay for internet service? Now you have ruined my entire browsing experience. Sorry kids, this guy shut everything down, and now we can't see how stupid people are at Disney. He probably did it just so we could not visit.

Sorry, just couldn't help myself! It just seemed so easy.
Cujo takes his 'baby' very seriously. For a 'first' post this aint cool.

sorry, just couldn't help myself. It just seemed too easy. (placed pissed off smilie here)

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Ididwhat
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Ididwhat » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:09 pm

darph nader wrote:Cujo takes his 'baby' very seriously. For a 'first' post this aint cool.

sorry, just couldn't help myself. It just seemed too easy. (placed pissed off smilie here)
I have no doubt about how seriously Cujo takes his "baby". In fact, if I did not enjoy his work so much, I would not have even noticed that the site had been down. You have no idea how many times I noticed the site was down, because I was anxious to see what was being done.

If you feel I was being disrespectful, I will do what I would do in the park. Smile, say thanks, and walk away. I learned a long time ago, don't drink in bars where you are not welcome, and NEVER argue with anyone that has all the answers. I sure don't have them!